top of page
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Meridian Raw CIC is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion amongst our participants, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The requirement is for our Chasing The Light Programmes and Photo Walks, to be a safe place for all our participants, volunteers, and employees. We aim to be truly respectful of all sections of society, including participants, staff and volunteers. Also for each person to feel respected and able to give their best.
Meridian Raw CIC - in facilitating photography walks and/or programmes, is also committed to eradicating unlawful discrimination of participants, staff and volunteers, this includes from one participant to another.
This policy’s purpose is to:
1. Provide equality, fairness and respect between all our participants, staff and volunteers.
2. No participant will unlawfully discriminate against another as defined in the Equality Act 2010 protecting the characteristics of:
marriage and civil partnership
pregnancy and maternity
race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin)
religion or belief
3. Meridian Raw CIC opposes and will not tolerate any form of unlawful discrimination. This includes in:
pay and benefits
terms and conditions of employment
dealing with grievances and discipline
leave for parents
requests for flexible working
selection for employment, promotion, training or other developmental opportunities
Meridian Raw CIC is committed to:
1. Encourage equality, diversity and inclusion.
2. Create an encouraging environment free of bullying, harassment, victimization and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all participants, volunteers and staff are recognised and valued.
This commitment includes informing participants,volunteers and employees about their rights and responsibilities under the equality, diversity and inclusion policy. Responsibilities include participants and staff conducting themselves to help Meridian Raw CIC provide an equal opportunities environment and prevent bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination.
All participants should understand they, as well as Meridian Raw CIC, can be held liable for acts of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, in the course of their involvement, against fellow participants, members of staff and volunteers.
3. Meridian Raw will take seriously, complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination by participants, staff, volunteers and any others in the course of Meridian Raw CIC’s work activities.
Such acts will be dealt with as misconduct under Meridian Raw CIC’s grievance and/or disciplinary procedures, and appropriate action will be taken. Particularly serious complaints could amount to gross misconduct and lead to dismissal from a Chasing The Light Programme or Photo Walk or from employment by Meridian Raw CIC in the case of an employee and without notice.
Further, sexual harassment may amount to both an employment rights matter and a criminal matter, such as in sexual assault allegations. In addition, harassment under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 – which is not limited to circumstances where harassment relates to a protected characteristic – is a criminal offence.
All Meridian Raw CIC’s Policies and Procedures are available on request by email
This Policy Will Be Reviewed Annually and Amended as Required
bottom of page